Click here for more
Metaphor is a powerful tool for generating fresh insights in creative problem-solving. It helps us ‘get out of the box’ in our thinking and offers new perspectives on problems we are trying to solve. See also analogy, brainstorming
Analogies offer a powerful way to generate new ideas based on linking similar worlds or properties to give fresh a fresh perspective. See also levels of abstraction, DOME project
Levels of abstraction This is a tool to help identify new insights and solutions by searching for analagous problems in other fields. See also analogies, DOME project, cause and effect diagram, and frequency chart
This is a report exploring the ways in which design thinking can contribute to effective innovation. AIM Executive Briefing Intelligent Design
The UK Design Council has been actively promoting a design approach to innovation for many years. On its website there is a rich set of case examples, many with video illustration.
Gordon Murray Design
- Using the 4Ps approach to explore innovation space
- Uses for ….
- Uses for …
- The Way We Do Things Around Here
- Success and Failure in Innovation
- Strategic planning for implementation
- Strategic advantage through knowledge
- Strategic advantage through innovation
- SPOTS – an audit framework for new product or service development