Benchmarking in the automobile industry This case provides an illustration of benchmarking. The particular project it describes led to the emergence of ‘lean thinking’ as an approach which has had major impact in manufacturing, service and the public sector.
Activity – identifying innovative capabilities
This activity helps explore the idea of building and exploiting innovative capabilities
Tim Jones and Growth Champions
This is a link to a short interview with Tim about his work linking innovation to growth and value creation. And this is a longer interview with Tim on the same theme.
Paper aeroplane exercise
The paper aeroplane exercise is a simple group activity which helps explore some of the core topics in innovation strategy.
- Using the 4Ps approach to explore innovation space
- Uses for ….
- Uses for …
- The Way We Do Things Around Here
- Success and Failure in Innovation
- Strategic planning for implementation
- Strategic advantage through knowledge
- Strategic advantage through innovation
- SPOTS – an audit framework for new product or service development